Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Countdown, Cat Lady Christmas Cards, and a Funny Video

Only six months left until I move to Vancouver. I’m pretty much living my life here in California knowing that it has an expiration date. It’s probably not the best way to go about it but… I’m over it. Get me out of here! I recently bought a plane ticket to visit Vancouver for a week in March which will be the week of reckoning, I think. I will apply for jobs before I go and hope to get some interviews while I’m there. I think it will be the most telling forecast about what is to come. And that is only three months away! It’s going to go by so fast. Can’t wait!

In other news, it’s almost the holidays and they can’t come soon enough! I need two weeks off from work and school and life. I just want to go pig out on Christmas cookies, drink heavily on New Year’s Eve, and watch a lot of Hulu Plus. And snuggle Lucy. I notice that she starts to begrudge me on the week days while I engage in my work-gym-school-neglect-the-cat routine. On the weekends she can’t get enough of me, meowing outside the door every half an hour but not really needing or wanting anything. I left her home alone for five days over Thanksgiving break and we were both pretty happy to see each other again when I came back. She didn’t hold a grudge at all, although she never does. Over Christmas I will be leaving her for even longer but I did it last year, I think I can handle it again this year. Cat lady for the win!

No, seriously… I really am the winner. I just sent out my Christmas cards yesterday and they went out into the world with a personalized address label on the envelopes – a picture of Lucy wrapped up in Christmas lights. And inside the cards… a picture of Lucy and I that I distributed to all of my friends and loved ones. At first I was writing, “Merry Christmas from your favorite cat lady!” and then I realized I wasn’t doing myself any favors and decided to write, “Merry Christmas from my family to yours!” on the rest of them. No wonder I am still single. Haha.

IMG_7698    IMG_7677

Obviously I am not ashamed to be thought of us the cat lady amongst pretty much everyone and anyone that I know. I don’t really care, to be honest. My life right now is pretty lonely and Lucy is my company and I love her very much for all of the light that she’s put into my life over the last year and a half. I like to think I’m a single mom and I’ve got a great kid and thus, I’m entitled to super bragging right. Only in my situation, society likes to label my bragging as the obsessive and weird behavior of an old spinster. Whatever! Being in a relationship with my cat is a whole lot simpler and far less dramatic than any other relationship I’ve ever had. Makes sense to me!

On that note, watch this video because it’s hilarious. What would you do if your friends acted like your pets? Since I live in a house with both a dog and a cat, I can certainly relate to this video and can attest to its accuracy. However, I would like to point out that Lucy does not act like this. She is friendly and sweet and redefines what it means to be a cat. But she does walk over the middle of whatever I’m doing – only when it’s something that’s really important – and she does make eye contact with me and then knock things off of shelves and tables to prove some kind of cat point. But she’s never hacked up a hairball or thrown up on anything and as far as I know, she’s never flipped off any of my friends either.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED that video!! And I couldn't agree more about what you said just below your photos, i am a catlady too and proud of it! :)

    Lucy is cute!! How old is she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy will be two this spring. She's my sweetness. Rise of the cat ladies!

      Delete