Saturday, January 26, 2013

3 Day Juice Fast: Day 2

Today was a good day as far as the juice fast goes. I woke up and didn’t feel very hungry at all. I peed for about 2 minutes straight though. Probably because I drank a bunch of water and a cup of tea before bed and had drank so much juice the day before. I made up my own breakfast juice: carrots, about 14 clementine's, half of a lemon, 2 apples, and a handful of blueberries. And two teaspoons chia seeds. That juice was delicious, a perfect breakfast blend. It kept me full for about four hours. I had a second juice at 12 when my stomach started growling. I don’t remember which recipe I used. It was a lot of leafy greens and veggies. I had some green tea in between lunch and dinner and then made another juice around 5:30. That one gave me the craziest burst of energy, I ran up and down the street like a mad woman, trying to get my exercise in for the day. My lungs hurt so bad afterwards but during the run it felt awesome.

I’m home now and just drank about 800L of water. I’m planning on watching The Lorax with my mom tonight. We like watching kid movies together. We’re so super cool. I told her that she can’t eat anything through the whole movie. That has been the hardest part about today – the cravings I have for anything other than juice. FOOD. Real, chewable, digestable food. It’s psychological though. Totally in my head. My body doesn’t need it, obviously. It’s getting plenty of nutrients and vitamins, calories and carbs. But I want it. And I have to resist it. And I’m doing a good job with self-control.

When I went for my run tonight I passed by all of these delicious restaurants and could see all of the people eating inside. I could smell the Thai food, the Japanese food, the Italian food. Oh my god, it all smelled so good. Even the gas station food. But I powered through it because I know now that all of that food should be a treat, not a habit. It’s fat on my hips and pain in my feet and zits on my face. Ain’t nobody got time for that! Well… except most Americans.

I don’t want to be fat. I don’t want to be unhappy and uncomfortable in my own body. I don’t want my clothes to hurt me. I want to be able to keep up with my students and maybe someday, my kids. I want to be healthy. I want to be smart. I want to live. That’s all. Simple, really? This is just a way to clean the palate and reboot my body.

Full speed ahead!

IMG_5872a

Here is a picture of me from the other day,
looking slimmer and already showing some results! You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment