Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sick Day

So yesterday was fabulous. I was officially off of my juice fast but I felt so good… energized, light, and confident that I’d done a great thing for myself. Juice fasts really work! I kind of want to keep doing it. I think I’m going to do a 3 day juice fast body reboot once every few months, just to give my body a break as I work on my health and weight loss goals.

Unfortunately, throughout all of yesterday, I was still suffering from a gnarly cold which had first hit me the morning I started the fast. I powered through it for most of the day as it wasn’t that bad. It was really the only thing bothering me. That, and a final that I had to finish before midnight. I managed to finish that and turned it in but my cold was the worse that it had been since Friday. I took some Nyquil, passed out, and hoped to feel better in the morning.

I felt better but still stick so I decided to take the day off to rest and to get away from the germy kids. That’s the thing about being a preschool teacher – I am sick ALL the time. Now I have the day off. And I’m already bored. Figures.

I made a breakfast juice and will make myself a lunch juice, too. But for now, I think I’m going to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for a little bit, burn some calories. At my best, I’ve lost 17 lbs since I changed my diet and exercise routine at the beginning of the month. I haven’t felt this good for months, maybe even a few years. I have to keep it going.

So while I go do that you can enjoy these pictures that I took this morning.

IMG_5924a

IMG_3639

No comments:

Post a Comment