Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy, Healthy Heather

It’s been some time, hasn’t it? I’ve been busy and haven’t really sat down to blog in a while. Either that, or I just haven’t been all that interested in it. But I found some time and something to say. So here I am.

My life has been pretty awesome lately. More awesome than it’s been since… pretty much forever. I have found myself in the happiest, most perfect place I could ever be in. And I’m just me, by myself, on my own, loving my life. For most of my life I thought that I could never be happy without someone to love, without someone to complete me. That was pretty dumb because right now I couldn’t imagine my life with someone else in it. I don’t want anyone else in it. The balance is so perfect right now. I’m finally living my life and I’m alive. I’m not waiting for someone else to come and resuscitate me.

At the turn of the new year, like a bazillion other people out there in the world, I decided that I wanted to get in shape and lose some weight. And that journey took me somewhere I had only hoped to go. I didn’t know that I could actually do it. I found a way to make my life good. I found a diet and exercise routine that works for me. It’s not something that a million other people could testify for. It’s just something that I started doing and adjusted it until it was mine and it works.

I sleep 7 to 8 hours every night. I work out 6 days a week, sometimes 7. I work on resistance training 3 times a week. I can press 120 lbs with my legs and I’m currently curling 50 lbs on my biceps. My arms are looking leaner, my body is becoming more toned. You should see my legs! Between weight training and the elliptical three to four times a week, my legs and butt are looking pretty sexy these days. But I’m biased. Ha! I eat five small meals a day. I balance those meals. I haven’t had fast food (except for Subway, oh wonderful Subway) since December 27th. I hardly ever drink soda. I’ve been out to the bars once and when I did that, I had a full glass of water between every drink. I take vitamins and supplements everyday. I juice my own fruits and vegetables. I stay healthy. I like being healthy.

HOTMAMA

I’ve lost a total of 18 lbs as of this morning’s weigh in and about 1.5 inches around my entire body. And I’m going to keep going. I have a goal weight and I know I can reach it. And I’m going to. Watch me.

Oh yeah… and I still have the world’s cutest, most perfect cat.

16397_625960558700_1849727467_n

MY LIFE IS AWESOME.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great job on the weight loss! You look good! Your cat is super cute!

    ReplyDelete